On 7/23/07, Chad Perrin <perrin / apotheon.com> wrote:

> There are other business models than the governmentally enforced
> artificial scarcity model where software is treated as physical product
> units.

This is a very important point you are making here, I feel however
that it is not simple for businesses to adapt to that and that the
government enforced models (even here in Eurpoe :() seem much more
reassuring -- everything is done to this fin.

So I think it is important to say that but it is not the businesses
which are to "blame" -- at least not all.
Furthermore -- and that hurts a lot -- we have to accept other POV
even if we think that they come from manipulation, the "Let me save
you" attitude is Freedom's greatest enemy.

I just wanted to add this Chad, what you said here and before is very
good stuff, please do not take this as criticism.

Cheers
Robert
-- Kent Beck