Ron Mr. wrote:
> Dave Coleman wrote:
>> Tim Hunter wrote:
>>
>>> Check out the system() method.
>>>
>> looks like system only returns true or false if the system call executes
>> successfully. What if you want to evaluate what's returned from that
>> perl script?
>>

> backticks my friend :)

Thanks, backticks are my friend. The time delay in responding was due to
sorting out the Perl script--my issues a a minor bug in the script which
was quickly fixed.

I want to be able to use Ruby variables in the Perl script. Here's the
command line script:
perl gpsPhoto.pl   --dir photos/  --gpsfile GPSTrackWithTime.gpx
--timeoffset )

I can hard code the location of the gpsPhoto.pl, dir, etc, but I want to
use Ruby variables, e.g.

`perl gpsPhotoLoc  --dir destPhoto  --gpsfile gpxFiles   --timeoffset 0`

where e.g.

"/Users/me/Library/Scripts/Digital Camera Scripts/gpsPhoto.w.pl"

Thanks for any suggestions