Kent Dahl wrote:

> Did you catch the Dr.Dobbs Journal that critiqued alot of GUI libraries,
> including Qt and GTK.
> "YAPP: Yet Another Programming Platform" by Al Stevens, DDJ #329, Oct
> 2001?

I read some bits of it, and as a former maintainer of Gtk-- and now happy
KDE/Qt user, I disagree with about every single point which was made in
this article, which also contained mistakes (like, you can't delete a
QObject yourself).

> It shook the safe choice of KDE/Qt abit under me, and reinforced several
> of my "grudges" against Qt. (MOC, need I say more?)

I used to hate moc myself, but more than a year of using Qt professionally
have changed my mind. moc is actually a very good thing.

--
Guillaume.