On 7/21/07, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondanger / gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2007, at 11:29 AM, Robert Dober wrote:

> >> Inteface
> >>
> >> It's a big enough weakness that I won't use it for that very
> >> reason.  The
> >> way I see it, any requirement to use an OS that I don't much like
> >> is a
> >> weakness of the application in question.

> >> TextMate
> >> (tried
> >> the OS)
> >>
> >> Whee . . . even worse than having to use a Mac.
> >>
> >> This is just one man's opinion, of course.
> > + 42! (yes ! means what you think it does ;)
> >
> > IOW there is no doubt TextMate is a great piece of SW, it is not Open
> > Source, for some of us this is a big burden.
> > And for those who think it is not, just imagine there will be no
> > TextMate around anymore in some future time...
> >
> > Robert
> >
> > --
> > I always knew that one day Smalltalk would replace Java.
> > I just didn't know it would be called Ruby
> > -- Kent Beck
> >
> Open source is nice sometimes, but it isn't the most important thing
> to everyone.
> There's no need to ignore software because it's closed source.
It is the only means to assure persistence, if X who has the copyright
of TextMate decides that there will be no more TextMate, than there
will be no more TextMate.
Hopefully that will never happen but it is a legal fact.
That is the only point I wanted to make.

Robert

--

We're on a mission from God. ~ Elwood,