>>> sender: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" date: "Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 02:07:48AM +0900" <<<EOQ
> I must confess that
>
> a. I don't use most of the extras Vim gives over good old vi, and
> b. Hard-core geek that I am, I never learned either Teco or Emacs.
Too bad, as it's pretty cool for editing Erlang ;-)

Cheers,
Alex

=== excerpt from Emacs Erlang mode help page ==============================
Erlang mode:
Major mode for editing Erlang source files in Emacs.
It knows about syntax and comment, it can indent code, it is capable
of fontifying the source file, the TAGS commands are aware of Erlang
modules, and the Erlang man pages can be accessed.

Should this module, "erlang.el", be installed properly, Erlang mode
is activated whenever an Erlang source or header file is loaded into
Emacs.  To indicate this, the mode line should contain the word
"Erlang".

The main feature of Erlang mode is indentation, press TAB and the
current line will be indented correctly.

Comments starting with only one `%' are indented to the column stored
in the variable `comment-column'.  Comments starting with two `%':s
are indented with the same indentation as code.  Comments starting
with at least three `%':s are indented to the first column.

However, Erlang mode contains much more, this is a list of the most
useful commands:
     TAB     - Indent the line.
     C-c C-q - Indent current function.
     M-;     - Create a comment at the end of the line.
     M-q     - Fill a comment, i.e. wrap lines so that they (hopefully)
         will look better.
     M-a     - Goto the beginning of an Erlang clause.
     M-C-a   - Ditto for function.
     M-e     - Goto the end of an Erlang clause.
     M-C-e   - Ditto for function.
     M-h     - Mark current Erlang clause.
     M-C-h   - Ditto for function.
     C-c C-z - Start, or switch to, an inferior Erlang shell.
     C-c C-k - Compile current file.
     C-x `   - Next error.
     ,       - Electric comma.
     ;       - Electric semicolon.

Erlang mode check the name of the file against the module name when
saving, whenever a mismatch occurs Erlang mode offers to modify the
source.

[..]