Excerpts from M. Edward (Ed) Borasky's message of Sat Jul 21 06:09:14 +0300 2007:
> Rick DeNatale wrote:

> >> more than

> >> 'man'? How
> >> with a
> >> >

> >> Assuming you installed the documentation, you can use ri.
> >>
> >> ri String#to_i
> >>
> >> for example.
> >
> > And for a better performing alternative, get Mauricio Fernandez fastri
> > http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?fastri
> >
> > It provides a qri command which pretty much directly substitutes for
> > ri.  It's available as a gem.
> >
> IIRC it is *significantly* faster if you install from a tarball rather
> than as a gem, but I don't remember why. Can someone enlighten me?
During the build I see:
A small note about RubyGems + FastRI
RubyGems adds a noticeable overhead to fri, making it run slower than if
you
installed it directly from the tarball with setup.rb.

--
Eugen Minciu.

Wasting valuable time since 1985.