Why the heck not...

Dan here, 22, Male.
Started with a bit of javascript, then bash, then awk,
then I changed my major to computer science =).

Learnt a lot of Java, some C++, but Ruby was the first language I felt
extremely comfortable with. Ruby taught me what it really meant to be
comfortable with a language. I  had been trying to learn Haskell (a very
good thing to study, but less than practical to use, for most people),
but I fell in love with Ruby while the Haskell books were in the mail...

I'm writing C++ nowadays (for the summer, at least), and it seems that
C++ with the Boost libraries and the STL certainly isn't as beautiful as
Ruby, but it gets the job done with its own equivalents for ary.each { }
and ary.map { }, delete_if, Proc.new, etc. Sometimes I even find strict
typing to save me effort in catching mistakes.

Work: student / intern, for now.

Dan