On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 01:27:20PM +0900, John Joyce wrote:
> On Jul 20, 2007, at 10:44 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> >
> >TextMate has a much bigger weakness ... it only runs on a Mac. :(
> >
> That's hardly a weakness. The developer doesn't want to be bothered
> with developing for other systems. If you've used Xcode and Inteface
> Builder  (or NeXTStep before) can you blame him?

It's a big enough weakness that I won't use it for that very reason.  The
way I see it, any requirement to use an OS that I don't much like is a
weakness of the application in question.

> But there is a TextMate Bundle compatible Windows app in the works
> from another developer who is getting much support from the TextMate
> maker!
> Much like the long wait for the OS X Ruby one-click-installer (tried
> it today, works like a charm),
> the Windows crowd will soon have it's own equivalent... (minus the OS)

Whee . . . even worse than having to use a Mac.

This is just one man's opinion, of course.

Larry Wall: "A script is what you give the actors.  A program is what you
give the audience."