On 24 Jun 2007, at 09:16, ާڧ ӧѧߧ / Emil Ivanov wrote:
> Thank you for responding so fast to all of you!
>
> The platform is a Windows XP, Apache 2 and 2.2, MySQL 5 as a database.
> (I must have been sleeping while I was writing the post...)
>
> Note that I don't want any frameworks, although I will check the
> one you
> suggested - I just want a simple hello world for now.
> The fastcgi module is installed on the apache 2, but I don't know
> how to
> configure it for ruby. I also want that erb to work, but i think I
> will
> since it's written in ruby.

Hi Emil,

If you want some examples of how to do this stuff from scratch, my
RailsConf Europe presentation from last year is available at http://
www.slideshare.net/feyeleanor/camping-going-off-the-rails-with-ruby.
A significant proportion of the text covers how to roll your own web
application framework using WEBrick and the code examples should be
sufficient for that purpose.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains