From: "Robert Feldt" <feldt / ce.chalmers.se>

> On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Bill Kelly wrote:
>
> > So, out of curiosity is there some alternate way one might be able to:
> >
> >   super.someOtherMethodThanTheOneImInRightNow(x)  ?
> >
> Not clear what you mean but if its an instance method in the super class
> then its also an instance method in this class so simply
>
>    someOtherMethod(x)

Right, the case I was referring to is the unusual one where one might
want to deliberately call the superclass version of a method, instead
of the method overridden in the current (or derived) class.

Perhaps this is just a symptom of bad design and should not be
tolerated. :-)  I had recalled doing this in Java, trying desperately
to override methods of some Swing class without getting into an
infinite loop. . .  And so wondered whether the technique was
available in Ruby... (but at the same time wondering whether it was
just bad design that made the technique seem necessary in the first
place.)

:-)

Regards,

Bill