Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 06:04:52AM +0900, Hal Fulton wrote:
>> Michel Belleville wrote:
>>> Or Largely Used Cyber Implementation For Executing Runnables Silently.
>>> Doesn't sound very biblical to me.
>>>
>>> Ok, it would be a mouthfull too. Perhaps initialed ?...
>>>
>> Good idea... Lucifer ("light-bringer") is an old name for Jesus...
>
> News to me.  In Christian tradition, so far as I'm aware, Lucifer has
> always referred to the first among angels (until he "went bad", that is).

Common usage, yes. But there are old Christian hymns (by "old" I mean
well over 1000 years) that use the term according to its meaning rather
than as a name for any evil entity.

John Carpenter today may not be a carpenter, but at one time, a person
with that name likely was. Probably a similar thing.

Hal