On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:32:45 GMT, Dave Thomas <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com>
	was ready with:
||Alessandro Caruso <a.caruso / creditonline.it> writes:
||> I thought the main reason people are moving towards Ruby instead of
||> keep using Perl is the better language design and the clarity of
||> code.
||And once you're here, have fun. Golf tournaments, obfuscating code,
||and the like are good ways of learning new features of the language
||that can apply in normal, everyday code. Damian Conway gives a great
||talk where he spends 2 hours explaining about 20 lines of absolutely
||horrendously obscure Perl code. By the end of it, you know a lot more
||Perl than you did going in.
  i enjoyed your hello world program. i like Perl golf. one does learn
  from these games and they can be entertaining puzzles.

||Anyway, from the reaction to the post, I've learned that code like
||this is frowned on by the Ruby community. As a relative newcomer, I
||hadn't realized this before. I'm terribly sorry to have offended
||anyone, and I'll work hard in the future to write "proper" Ruby code.

  hopefully you will continue to post amusements as well.

  Pete
--
ruby -F- -e '$, = $; . sub /./, " Another "; print %w.Just Rewbie .. join'