I hope there's some kind of prize for the person who's been doing this
the longest ... it just might be me.

Male, started programming as an undergraduate on ILLIAC I and an IBM 650
in 1961. Later moved on to IBM 7094, IBM 1620, IBM 1130, CDC 1604, CDC
924, Sigma 9, Floating Point Systems array processors, Prime 850, VAX
11/780s, miscellaneous Unix servers and Linux. Languages: mostly
assembler and FORTRAN until 1992, at which point I learned "awk" and
Perl 4. I never did learn enough C to do it professionally and don't
plan to. :) The current languages are Perl 5 and R. At work I'm a
performance engineer.

Now the hobby stuff: I've had my own computer since the Altair 680B
days, and I still have every computer I ever owned *except* the
Commodore 64, which I donated to a charity rummage sale in 1990.
Languages: Perl, Forth, Lisp/Scheme, R, Ruby and soon Erlang.
Applications: quantitative finance, algorithmic composition and
synthesis of music, general scientific and statistical computing, and
analytic performance models.