On Jul 17, 2007, at 7:42 AM, Chad Perrin wrote:
<snippz0r>

> In case Tim's comment was too subtle, I'll be more direct:
>
> "The Pickaxe" is the nickname for "Programming Ruby", because of the
> pickaxe on the cover.  It's similar to the way many O'Reilly books are
> called by the name of the animal on the cover, like the "Camelid
> Trilogy"
> of Perl books (the Llama, the Alpaca, and the Camel).
>
> I hear good things about "The Ruby Way", though I haven't read it
> myself
> (yet).  You might consider looking into that as a next book.

But avoid buying it (at first). Safari Books Online has the entire
text, so if you dont mind reading things online, you can wander
around to find an account you can use. Often times colleges (ie
Dartmouth) have trust relationships with the site, so if you have a
Dartmouth IP, you are automatically logged in and can read the entire
book online.

aRi
If you're not living on the edge,
then you're just wasting space.