Sharon Phillips wrote:
> older people (as in
> older than 30 [being generous :-) ]) who's backgrounds were in Cobol
> and mainframes. They're not exactly up-to-date with latest
> programming ideas (none had even heard of Ruby) but they're pretty
> smart and I can't wait.

Hey Dave.  44 here.   I started with Ruby in 2004.  It's the most
enjoyable language I've ever programmed in.   Closest thing to it on the
mainframe is REXX, and compare to Ruby, REXX sucks.  (And I love REXX!,
or, at least what I am able to do with REXX on the mainframe)

Hope your training session goes well.

This will get them excited - assuming they are familiar with REXX.  Show
them how to sort an array in REXX (a screen worth of code, if you are
good), and then with Ruby.  They'll be hooked!

Todd