On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 08:01:54PM +0900, Shai Rosenfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've been working with ruby a long time now, and i love the language;
> but i feel like i don't really know EVERY little thing there is to know
> about it..
> i read "Programming Ruby - The Pragramtic Programmers Guide" which was
> really a nice read, but ... is there something out there that will
> really get down to knitty details?
>
> i've heard about pickaxe, is that worth the read? any other titles you
> guys can offer?

In case Tim's comment was too subtle, I'll be more direct:

"The Pickaxe" is the nickname for "Programming Ruby", because of the
pickaxe on the cover.  It's similar to the way many O'Reilly books are
called by the name of the animal on the cover, like the "Camelid Trilogy"
of Perl books (the Llama, the Alpaca, and the Camel).

I hear good things about "The Ruby Way", though I haven't read it myself
(yet).  You might consider looking into that as a next book.

Rudy Giuliani: "You have free speech so I can be heard."