Da: David Alan Black [mailto:dblack / candle.superlink.net]
Inviato: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 1:13 PM
A: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
Oggetto: [ruby-talk:26007] Re: R: Re: Hello World considered harmful

Hello --

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Alessandro Caruso wrote:

> Da: David Alan Black [mailto:dblack / candle.superlink.net]
>
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Michael Davis wrote:
>
> > Very creative, however, if this were my first exposure to Ruby I
> > would have passed on the opportunity to learn it.
>
> That's probably why Dave and Andy very sensibly didn't start the book
> off with it :-)
> I thought the main reason people are moving towards Ruby instead of keep
> using Perl is the better language design and the clarity of code.
>
> The Ruby Obfuscated contest is just a way to keep people away from the
> language.
>
> And that's not what we want. Am I wrong?

There is no Ruby Obfuscation contest, as far as I know.  There was
supposed to be a sort of un-obfuscation contest (the Code
Amerlioration Contest), but it didn't happen (this year, at least).

(Did I say something that suggested there was a Ruby Obfuscation contest?)

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net