On 7/16/07, SonOfLilit <sonoflilit / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/16/07, Todd Benson <caduceass / gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/16/07, SonOfLilit <sonoflilit / gmail.com> wrote:
> > ( A great many wise things about flaming and general courtesy ).
> >
> > Aur, I agree with you completely.  I was thinking last night, well,
> > he's just a kid.  Maybe I was too hard on him.  But, I also thought
> > that even at his young age, one thing you really shouldn't do is enter
> > a room and try to 'own' it.  Flame wars suck; no doubt about it.  I
> > still think, however, that people should be told gently, but firmly,
> > when they are out of line.  I would certainly prefer people in a forum
> > to do that to me than some others practices that have been mentioned
> > (i.e. blacklisting).
> >
> > My 1/2 cent.
> >
> > Todd
>
> Hi, Todd.
>
> I really want to answer you, but this is now strictly a technical thread.
>
> If you feel like a long discussion, email me privately.
>

> Aur

That's nice Aur, because my humble feelings are that you just should
not have fed the troll, all of you.
I did not say so publicly because I am probably mistaken, given that
so many prominent members answered.
I was quite surprised it got so much food, an amazing -- but
unpleasant -- experience :(.

Robert
-- Kent Beck