Hi,

At Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:37:29 +0900,
Ralph Grothe wrote in [ruby-talk:259944]:
> > Can't you explain how you've done?
>
> But I did.
> See the diff between the original ossl_config.c.dist (as came in the
> ruby tarball)
> and my modified ossl_config.c

I thought if you found another way.

> > I'm not sure about Gems, but zlib is one of bundled extension
> > libraries.  You can use --with-zlib-dir (or --with-zlib-include
> > and --with-zlib-lib) configure option.
>
> Actually, I was looking for these flags before I ran configure
> within the untarred ruby dir.
> But it never gave any remotest clue, see

It is just ignored by configure itself, but passed to
ext/zlib/extconf.rb via dir_config("zlib") call.
Or, you can pass it as CONFIGURE_ARGS environment variable.

> This would mean I have to deinstall my Ruby build completely,
> and run make distclean and ./configure --with-zlib-dir
> /opt/iexpress/zlib/lib
> again?

You don't need to make distclean.  Just remove
ext/zlib/Makefile, and run make as:

  env CONFIGURE_ARGS=--with-zlib-dir=/opt/iexpress/zlib/lib make

and previosly installed files will be overwritten.

> Btw, will an
> # rm -rf /usr/local/lib/ruby
> suffice, or is there a better way of deinstallation?

The file .installed.list should contains the list of installed
files.

  sudo xargs rm -f < .installed.list

or, if you used DESTDIR to install:

  sed "s|^|$DESTDIR|" .installed.list | sudo xargs rm -f

--
Nobu Nakada