On Jul 16, 2007, at 17:05 , Chad Perrin wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 07:49:16AM +0900, Ryan Davis wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 15, 2007, at 09:26 , Chad Perrin wrote:
>>
>>> Is there some kind of rule that states that, when something like
>>> RDoc is
>>> available, library developers are disallowed from producing good
>>> documentation?  I'm constantly frustrated by the fact that many
>>> libraries
>>> figure a skeleton map of available methods constitutes
>>> "documentation".
>>
>> Is there some kind of rule that states that, when something is freely
>> made available to the public, the users are disallowed from being
>> polite? I'm constantly frustrated by the fact that many users figure
>> a scathing comment in IRC or a mail to ruby-talk constitutes
>> "constructive criticism".
>
> Is there some kind of rule that states that everyone who takes note of
> what I said has to blow it out of proportion, assign intent to it that
> wasn't present, and generally try to put words in my mouth?

The above is a direct quote of yours, so I didn't put words in your
mouth. I found it snide and rude because _it_is_snide_ so I didn't
blow it out of proportion. At worst, I could be guilty of assigning
intent, except, it really was your intent to be snide, wasn't it?
That seems plain as day to the rest of us.

snide |snトォd| |snaノェd| |snハ庫ェd|
adjective
1 derogatory or mocking in an indirect way : "snide remarks about my
mother."
窶「 (of a person) devious and underhanded : "a snide divorce lawyer."

snide
adjective
"at his final snide comment, she slapped him across the face"
disparaging, derogatory, deprecating, denigratory, insulting,
contemptuous; mocking, taunting, sneering, scornful, derisive,
sarcastic, spiteful, nasty, mean.