> The pebble in the Ruby shoe is the counter-intuitive use of indexing of
> elements of arrays, strings, etc., from 0 to n-1 instead of the more
> natural 1 to n.   Like prisoners who have got used to their chains, the

I grew up with 0-based arrays. 1-based ones look unnatural to me. That's the
truth, as for me.

The worst nightmare for me was CHS addressing on disks - Cylinders are
0-based, Heads are 0-based, but Sectors are 1-based. Hell on earth.

That were my 3 cents.

PS.
O, and yes. Welcome everybody! I felt in love with Ruby 2 weeks ago. I find
it much more flexible than Python, my previous love and much more
expressive (and object-oriented) than PERL, my next-to-previous love. I
think Ruby puts the best of all scripting languages together. Gott sei dank
for Yukihiro Matsumoto and his precious mind.

--
 PaweKraszewski
 www.kraszewscy.net