Hi,

At Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:44:55 +0900,
Ralph Grothe wrote in [ruby-talk:259895]:
> yes, the HP ansic is C89, but the expression it couldn't deal with,
> was C99 or something newer than C89 as I was told by a C hacker.
> I was also told that according to C89 it wasn't allowed to assign
> variables as values in a multi-value array assignment within curly
> braces.

Do you mean Compound Literal by the latter?  Yes, it's C99, and
Designated Initializer too.

> But this problem has been solved.

Can't you explain how you've done?

> What bothers me now is my obviously broken Gems installation.
> Do you have any idea how I can mend it so that the path to the zlib
> library files is found?

I'm not sure about Gems, but zlib is one of bundled extension
libraries.  You can use --with-zlib-dir (or --with-zlib-include
and --with-zlib-lib) configure option.

--
Nobu Nakada