On 7/16/07, Daniel Lucraft <dan / fluentradical.com> wrote:
> SonOfLilit wrote:
> > Good direction, although I'd personally avoid it. In a few years' time
>
> What will be fun is when you can script XNA with IronRuby. That might be
> somewhat cool.

Might be cool indeed. I'm waiting for when I'll be able to script C
games with Ruby without getting into all these sorts of trouble.

> > there will probably be a far better solution (it seems like the game
> > programming community is pushing there, see discussions on the GOAL
> > [Game Oriented Assembly{/er} Lisp]).
>
> Wow. They actually used GOAL to make the Jak and Dexter games for the
> PS2. Though I notice that the authors of GOAL don't use it any more.

Sony bought the company and directed them to use Sony's home
technology so that code sharing can be taken advantage of. Sony bought
them because of their ingenuity in taking advantage of the PS2 *better
than any other game company*. There's a lot on the net about it, a bit
hard to find though...

> > I hate C#, and I know it well enough to get paid using it.
>
> Worrying, since I started learning it last weekend ;-)

There are many languages I hate. It's not a bad one, simply not up to
my standards. I miss Ruby too much when using it.