M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> What I would recommend, therefore, is that you switch to a more flexible
> and "bleeding edge" distro. In your case, since you're used to CentOS,
> I'd recommend Fedora 7.

Well, to be honest, I have just been through the exercice of choosing
another distro...
I have been using RedHat for a number of years, and decided NOT to
follow to RedHat5.
Fedora came immediately to mind, but...
I need Linux to run a number of tools (as end-user) under VMware.
As this is is due to be production, the pre-requisites are quality and
stability (performance is not an issue and I build flexibility into VM)
This is exactly how I came to CentOS.
I have spent a significant amount of time installing/configuring/fine
tuning it, and was just trying to get the latest tool installed before
moving the VM to production.

What you are now saying is "throw it all away and start again". Hard to
admit to say the least, but I guess this is the best way to go...
I suppose I will put CentOS on hold and give a try to FC7