On 7/16/07, Daniel Lucraft <dan / fluentradical.com> wrote:

> I'd consider using Microsoft's XNA stuff:
> http://creators.xna.com/
>
> XNA is a framework for making games for Windows and the XBox 360 using
> the C# language. C# is a lot easier than C++, and lot more useful for
> making games than Ruby.
>
> You can download the XNA Studio Express for free, and they have a bunch
> of samples and examples that you can download. There are also forums
> where everyone is going to be interested in making games.
> http://creators.xna.com/Education/GettingStarted.aspx
>
> best,
> Dan

Good direction, although I'd personally avoid it. In a few years' time
there will probably be a far better solution (it seems like the game
programming community is pushing there, see discussions on the GOAL
[Game Oriented Assembly{/er} Lisp]).

I hate C#, and I know it well enough to get paid using it.

Learning Logo and Ruby and creating simple games like the one he asked
for help with with them, and then later when you have the skills
learning the best tool around (which will probably be better than all
tools there are today) sounds like the plan to me.

Thanks, Dan, I didn't even consider that one.

Aur