On Jul 15, 2007, at 6:29 PM, Charles Lowe wrote:

> Is there anyway around the blocking IO on windows? I'm trying to write
> an ruby app that is designed to be used from irb. It uses background
> threads to do some work, but they don't appear to block at input on
> windows.

basically, if you have to do background io use another process.  my
systemu lib is a cross platform way of dealing with stdin/out/err etc
for background processes - you might want to check it out for ideas

	http://codeforpeople.com/lib/ruby/systemu/systemu-1.0.0/README

         gem install systemu

this plus code generation can skin some cats.  good luck.

a @ http://drawohara.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama