Joe Wiltrout wrote:
> Travis D Warlick Jr wrote:
>> Joe Wiltrout wrote:
>>
>>> I asked for help on how to start making a very simple game. Not advice
>>> on how to start programming.
>> 1) Programming a game is *not* simple, especially an MMORPG.  The key
>> phrase is "massive multiplayer"  Some key concepts that you probably
>> haven't thought about: threading, database replication, server
>> synchronization, *security*, distributed programming
>>
>> 2) From your original post:
>>
>>> I wanna make an MMORPG type game, but I have no
>>> programming experiance whatsoever.
>> Sounds like you do need advise on how to start programming.
>
> Use the rest of the post. My question was How would I start making the
> very sucky game I described. You need help. You like only read every
> other sentance.

No, I definitely read the whole thing.  But I think I have found our
lapse in communication:

YOU CAN'T MAKE A COMPUTER GAME WITHOUT AN ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF 1)
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT AND 2) PROGRAMMING, AND IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO TEACH
YOU OVER A MAILING LIST. READ THE BOOKS WE'VE RECOMMENDED.

Btw, thinking that you have even a very basic understanding of
programming because you can use Rails's scaffold method is like saying
you can ride a bike when you still have training wheels on your tricycle.

--
  Travis Warlick

  "Programming in Java is like dealing with your mom --
   it's kind, forgiving, and gently chastising.
   Programming in C++ is like dealing with a disgruntled
   girlfriend -- it's cold, unforgiving, and doesn't tell
   you what you've done wrong."