Travis D Warlick Jr wrote:
>>> I suppose I should stop writing code.  My forty years haven't passed yet
>>> either.
>>
>> Hate to break it to you, but that *was* exageration. Yall said varying
>> answers from 5-6 to 10 years. I have friends who learned to program from
>> scratch in 6 months flat. Making games on the Gamebryo Engine and C++,
>> all that good stuff.
>
> One thing that is lacking here is the fact that programming/coding is
> only (or at least *should* only) be about 10-20% of the total time you
> spend on any project.  The rest should be planning.  Coding is the easy
> part.  Coming up with the proper use cases, Object structures, flow
> charts, etc is the hard part.  This is the part that takes literally a
> decade or so of experience to learn. (Don't get me wrong, I don't have
> this experience, I just see see the people with the experience every
> day)
... I have the entire game planned out. And I consider all this proper
use cases etc, coding and programming. If it involves programming, its
in the programming catagory. Therefore coding/programming is really
about 90% of it. 9 is the idea itself. And the remaining .5% is where to
get the coffee and donuts.