In message <014ac61748b0c3e081129f75c81ab99f / ruby-forum.com>, Joe Wiltrout writes:
>Ahh. The sour sound of stupid people. The people who responded (with the
>exception of Aur, who suggested the Logo language to me) did not listen.
>I asked for help on how to start making a very simple game. Not advice
>on how to start programming.

Well, this may seem odd to you, but if I come into a room full of programmers,
and ask them to tell me how to make a program, I expect them to try to tell
me how to learn to program.

>And, unlike most of these programmers, I
>only have programming as something I want to do for fun.

Well, you know, back when I was first learning to program, I was the same
way.  I'd been writing programs for ten years just for the fun of it before
it occurred to me that people got paid for that stuff.

>I know most of
>you are getting paid to program or w/e, but I'm not. I really just want
>to have fun. And puts('hello world!') over and over again is not fun.

Right.

But NO ONE TOLD YOU TO DO THAT.  That's your own imagination, not anything
people told you.

-s