On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 07:42:58AM +0900, Joe Wiltrout wrote:
> Chad Perrin wrote:
> >>
> >> Hate to break it to you, but my friends are busy. BUSY ADDING STUFF TO
> >> THIER GAMES! Ya shouldn't have passed 3rd grade if you cant add 2 and 2
> >> together. I didn't ask how to make the next WoW in a week. I asked how I
> >> would start making a simple, not even fun to play game. People told me
> >> Hello World 10000000 times, etc. I didn't ask how to type Hello World. I
> >> asked how to make the simple game I planned on.
> >
> > Hate to break it to you, but *we're pretty busy too.*  Despite this,
> > many
> > of us have taken time out of our days to try to help you.  Look at all
> > the gratitude it got us.
>
> I only thank people when their 'advice' is helpful. If you told me to
> take use the restroom in a mailbox, I probably wouldn't thank you. If
> you gave me investment tips that made me richer than that mexican dude
> with all the money, /then/ I *might* thank you. If you just gave me the
> money, making me richer than aforementioned mexican dude, (and im not
> sure i used aforementioned right. Shows what a good lawyer i am) then I
> would *probably* thank you. But with useless advice on Hello World
> program things, it makes it hard to really care how you feel. If you
> want someone to ask that, go to a shrink. We know you need to anyway. Go
> and get your balls back from ur sister.

The fact that you refuse to accept the notion that learning how to print
text to a file or STDOUT is useful is not our problem.

What was the point of that comment about my "balls" and my nonexistent
sister?  Does that accomplish anything useful?  No, don't answer -- those
were rhetorical questions.

McCloctnick the Lucid: "The first rule of magic is simple. Don't waste your
time waving your hands and hopping when a rock or a club will do."