From: list-bounce / example.com [mailto:list-bounce / example.com] On Behalf Of
Joe Wiltrout
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2007 3:57 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: I need serious help!

unknown wrote:
> In message <47ee04ed7a2708c7cc3a72eb14f36cc2 / ruby-forum.com>, Joe
> Wiltrout writes:
>>Who you calling a troll?
>
> I think he was calling you a troll.
>
>>Yall were like " Do the Hello World for the
>>rest of your life. Then when you are reincarnated as the 356 king of
>>Pakistan, you can program it to say 'You suck Hello World'." Well ya
>>know what? I found a much funner thing that is so much better than
>>Ruby.(in my opinion of course). You guys might like waiting 40 years to
>>make something, but I don't.
>
> Hyperbolic language is often considered a sign of trolling.  I would
> have
> suggested you stick with simple programs for, you know, a few DAYS, but
> actually stick to 'em until you understand what's going on.
>
> Many of us would still be waiting if we were gonna wait 40 years to make
> something.  I'm not even 40 yet.  :)
>
> Good luck with your programming, but if you're not doing Ruby, could you
> maybe, you know, ask about it elsewhere?  If you decide to do C, there's
> comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c.moderated, open for asking questions.  I'm
> sure
> there's Logo groups, and there's TONS of Java groups.
>
> See, one of the reasons people are thinking of you as a troll is that
> you're
> posting tons of stuff in a Ruby group that *isn't about Ruby in any
> way*.
> Not very courteous.
>
> -s

Ya know what? It originally was about Ruby. But then I changed my mind,
and decided to try Java, which was ok. Then I tried UCB Logo and it
rocks. And wtf does hyperbolic mean? Because whatever it does, it
probably doesn't have anything to do with weird monsters hiding under
bridges. If I was a troll, I would be green, or blue, or some other
weird color. And I assure you, I AM WHITE! Well, slightly tanned. And I
am not demanding you pay me to cross a bridge. Besides, the Religion
conversation had nothing to do with Ruby, that went on for over 100
posts.