In message <47ee04ed7a2708c7cc3a72eb14f36cc2 / ruby-forum.com>, Joe Wiltrout writes:
>Who you calling a troll?

I think he was calling you a troll.

>Yall were like " Do the Hello World for the
>rest of your life. Then when you are reincarnated as the 356 king of
>Pakistan, you can program it to say 'You suck Hello World'." Well ya
>know what? I found a much funner thing that is so much better than
>Ruby.(in my opinion of course). You guys might like waiting 40 years to
>make something, but I don't.

Hyperbolic language is often considered a sign of trolling.  I would have
suggested you stick with simple programs for, you know, a few DAYS, but
actually stick to 'em until you understand what's going on.

Many of us would still be waiting if we were gonna wait 40 years to make
something.  I'm not even 40 yet.  :)

Good luck with your programming, but if you're not doing Ruby, could you
maybe, you know, ask about it elsewhere?  If you decide to do C, there's
comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c.moderated, open for asking questions.  I'm sure
there's Logo groups, and there's TONS of Java groups.

See, one of the reasons people are thinking of you as a troll is that you're
posting tons of stuff in a Ruby group that *isn't about Ruby in any way*.
Not very courteous.

-s