On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 04:19:41AM +0900, Stephen Cox wrote:
> Joe Wiltrout wrote:
> > I'v heard that programming better graphic
> > games like WoW would be..
>

> You're kidding right? WoW is written in C++ (Objective C for Mac which
> is C++). Lua (another scripting language) is embedded and is used for
> moding by Blizzard and the community. Games have to be fast and work
> closely with hardware (like graphic cards). They are witten in the
> lowest language you can hire. Right now, that's c/c++. Though be fun to
> see WoW written in Assembler. But good luck finding programmers.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Objective C for Mac which is C++".
Objective C and C++ are two entirely separate languages.  Both are (in
theory at least) object oriented extensions of C, but they take very
different approaches to it with substantially different ideas of how to
accomplish that object orientation.  ObjC is also an actual proper
superset of C, whereas C++ is not, strictly speaking.

In fact, Objective C's object model might be said to have more in common
with Ruby's than with C++'s.

If you didn't mean that ObjC is C++ for the Mac, then I apologize for
misunderstanding.

Ben Franklin: "As we enjoy great Advantages from the Inventions of others
we should be glad of an Opportunity to serve others by any Invention of
ours, and this we should do freely and generously."