On Jul 13, 2007, at 22:20 , David Carlton wrote:

> I have a ruby project that I've written in a Linux environment.  (Ruby
> 1.8.5, on Ubuntu.)  I'd like to work on it on my Mac (Ruby 1.8.2, OSX
> 10.4) while I'm on vacation, and something weird is happening with my
> tests.
>
> The project lives in a directory 'dbcdb' of my $RUBYLIB; there's a
> subdirectory 'test', with a file 'all.rb' containing lines like this:
>
> require 'dbcdb/test/test_author_printer'
> require 'dbcdb/test/test_author_writer'
> require 'dbcdb/test/test_book_writer'

1) GENERALLY: work from the project directory and refer to everything
from there. Remove 'dbcdb/' from those requires.

2) ruby -w test/all.rb should work fine.

3) find test -name \*.rb -- make sure cases are correct and you don't
have anything weird like overlapping names. OSX is by default case
insensitive. Linux is case sensitive. By getting differing numbers of
tests running it makes me think one of the files is being shadowed.

4) 1.8.2 on osx is slightly broken, but only for ruby extensions. If
this is all pure ruby, please ignore.