I've had a very long absence from Ruby.  As with all of my other skills,
I seem to pick things up with unnatural fanaticism and then lose steam
quickly.

Ruby has been one of the things that I've picked up and put back down
many times over a number of years.  But I crave it.. and I've begun
itching to do problem solving in Ruby when I hear about problems
unrelated to my current focuses.  I'm very happy about that.

A while back I asked here about motivating a ruby newbie, methods for
learning, ways to attack project problems, etc.  I got a lot of
constructive feedback, much of which didn't make clear sense then, but
given time and experimentation a lot of it sunk in.

I seem to be developing habits.  Some of them I suspect are bad and I'll
have to lose them, but I think they're still an important starting
point.  I search before I ask.  I wait a day before getting frustrated
and answers just come to me.  I'm slow and deliberate, and I'll work on
comments or pseudocode when I lose steam.  All good starting points.

I wanted to give a quick thanks for the community.  I just spent a lot
of time laughing aloud while reading through some recent posts.  =)