Joe Wiltrout wrote, On 7/13/2007 8:47 PM:
> Heh. Practice. Ya know how most of my friends /practice/ their
> programming? By working on their games.

Did you ask them to help you?  Pair programming with them and asking
questions about what they are doing and how that works is a great way to
learn.  I don't know about doing it with 0 experience, but it might be
worth a shot.

>> There are lots and lots of things to learn.
>>
> Take ya all night to figure that out? I still don't know what the method
> 'gets' does! For gods sake, I made irb reconize a sandwich as Ham Turkey
> Cheese! Thats the best iv done so far. How exactly am I going to make
> the computer make a pirate shoot at another pirate when thats all i can
> do? At this rate, my game is going to be called Sandwich=Ham, turkey,
> cheese.reverse Adventures.

Still, its more than you could do yesterday.  Its not likely that you
can go from no experience to programming MMORPGs in two nights.  You
still need to understand networking, yet you don't seem to want to learn
to add!

'gets' gets a string as input from the standard input device.