From: Bill Kelly [mailto:billk / cts.com]
# One 2D game library with Ruby bindings is gosu:
# http://code.google.com/p/gosu/
#
# Here's a post from Florian Gross about a game written in Ruby / Gosu,
# running on Win32 / OS X / Linux:
# http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/187832
#
# Screenshot: http://flgr.0x42.net/gdc72h-05/final.jpg
#
#
# Also, here are some game-related ruby quizzes that might be apropos:
#
#   http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz80.html   Dungeon Generation
#
#   Two different solutions were submitted for doing 2D text based
#   dungeon generation.
#
#
#   http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz49.html   Lisp Game
#
#   Nineteen solutions were submitted for implementing a text adventure
#   game in ruby.  (Porting a Lisp game to Ruby.)
#
# You will be able to look at the ruby source code for all of the above.

also,

 http://gpwiki.org/

 http://rrobots.rubyforge.org/.

ruby robots is one of my favorites since
  a. they animate and "think on their own"!
  b. it emphasizes that sw drives robots
  c. my kids love it (maybe because of "a. the animation", "b. they do not need screw drivers to 'create/move/destroy' things.."

  d. our future project is to merge rrobots with lego robots. pls do not ask me yet. sw and hw is still vaporware (i haven't bought a lego robot yet :)) yes,yes, the legorobots will have laser guns, and yes, they will transform :))