John Joyce wrote:
> Seriously, Joe, what you can do is plan all the features of your game
> now, but building games is not as easy as playing them.
Obviously not. I'm the king of video games, but I don't know shit about
this coding stuff. I'v got just about everything planned out for TWO
games. Think of the two ideas like recently killed corpses. Sitting in a
75 degree room. Each one rotting at about the same pace. The rotting
simulates me forgetting stuff and how I was going to do it. Now think of
my Word Documents like chunks of ice. The ice eventually melts, but
preserves the bodies for a time. The melting is me losing the documents,
or having technical problems, etc. Once the corpses are rotted through,
no more game idea, no more game. Ever. So lets just hope I have a hell
of a lot of ice cubes. Maybe even a freezer. Which is typed documents in
weather-proof envalopes in a maxium security foot locker insides a fire
proof box, inside a safety deposit box in Sweden.

> Game theory is one thing to read up on,
> but as far as programming, you're going to have to learn it.
Um, DUH! How am I going to program a 3-d MMORPG without learning how to
program first? Even so, this isn't the language I am going to program
in. Maybe I will just wait a few years until they come up with something
much muc easier. Something where you just tell the computer to do
something, and it does it. No questions asked, no weird strings and
arrays and methods and all that bull.
> It
> doesn't come easy or all at once for most people. It takes practice
> and time like anything.
Heh. Practice. Ya know how most of my friends /practice/ their
programming? By working on their games.
> There are lots and lots of things to learn.
Take ya all night to figure that out? I still don't know what the method
'gets' does! For gods sake, I made irb reconize a sandwich as Ham Turkey
Cheese! Thats the best iv done so far. How exactly am I going to make
the computer make a pirate shoot at another pirate when thats all i can
do? At this rate, my game is going to be called Sandwich=Ham, turkey,
cheese.reverse Adventures.
> Don't be discouraged, and don't give up!
Heh. I'm about to give up right now. I got discouraged the first minute
I started reading Why's. The guy makes learning fun, but by destroying
the learning itself.