Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 12:40:54PM +0900, Joe Wiltrout wrote:
>> Skt wrote:
>> > Dont try to tackle more than one at a time (my problem) thats for sure.
>>
>> Great idea. My first problem is I need to know if coding games is
>> possible in Ruby. According to Why's, atleast Text Based Games are
>> possible. Problem solved. Next problem, I need to learn Ruby. Now im
>> gunna read thru some of Why's.
>
> You can create just about any piece of software you like with Ruby.
> Ruby
> is better suited for some things than others, however.  For instance,
> writing an operating system in Ruby might be a bit challenging
> (especially since I'm not sure how practical it is to embed a Ruby
> interpreter in your bootloader).
>
> So . . . yes, you absolutely can write games in Ruby.  I'm not a game
> programmer myself, however, so it's a little outside my range of
> expertise.

What do you do with Ruby? I'v heard that programming better graphic
games like WoW would be hellishly hard. To my friend Matt, this stuff
seems to come naturally. To me, not so. I read 8 chapters of Why's and
took the in-browser tutorial of Ruby, and most of what I learned
involves making ("Damn those syntax errors!") go backwards. With ("Damn
those syntax errors!").reverse. And most of the other stuff just floated
around like jelly in space.