On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 12:40:54PM +0900, Joe Wiltrout wrote:
> Skt wrote:
> > Dont try to tackle more than one at a time (my problem) thats for sure.
>
> Great idea. My first problem is I need to know if coding games is
> possible in Ruby. According to Why's, atleast Text Based Games are
> possible. Problem solved. Next problem, I need to learn Ruby. Now im
> gunna read thru some of Why's.

You can create just about any piece of software you like with Ruby.  Ruby
is better suited for some things than others, however.  For instance,
writing an operating system in Ruby might be a bit challenging
(especially since I'm not sure how practical it is to embed a Ruby
interpreter in your bootloader).

So . . . yes, you absolutely can write games in Ruby.  I'm not a game
programmer myself, however, so it's a little outside my range of
expertise.

Patrick J. LoPresti: "Emacs has been replaced by a shell script which 1)
Generates a syslog message at level LOG_EMERG; 2) reduces the user's disk
quota by 100K; and 3) RUNS ED!!!!!!"