Peter Cooper wrote:
> On 7/13/07, Joe Wiltrout <wiltroutja / hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If your definition of daemon matches mine of Demon, then I think that
>> demon is far from satanic. It's origins maybe be from biblical history,
>> but people now-a-days use the terms "demon" and "demonic" just to mean
>> evil. And they use them alot in video games. But they never end up
>> getting sued, or making them change their monsters names, etc. So I
>> think your anolgies are just plain stupid.
>

> Yet you just supported and highlighted my entire point, since I was
> using
> sarcasm to say, yes, this is stupid and, yes, words /do/ have different
> meanings, which is why it makes no sense people getting their panties in
> twist.
>
> and why would you name a drive 'slave'?
>> That's just waiting to get you yelled at, or sued.
>

> I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, but I'll take the bait.. Google
> for
> "slave drive." It's a common term. Amusingly, however, the term "slave
> drive" was idiotically banned in some Los Angeles city departments for
> the
> potential of "offense."
>
> Anyway, people should take a leaf out of DHH's book with his infamous FU
> slide and just name their projects, software, or anything whatever they
> like
> ;-) (or take why's approach and use rather more abstract names to
> confuse us
> all ;-))
>
> Cheers,
> Peter Cooper
> http://www.rubyinside.com/

Lol. I thought you were being serious. Sorry if I dont know what a slave
drive is, but I just started trying to learn how to code. I'v spent the
last 5 days using search engines to try to find how to make a game, and
got all bologna. All the websites just told me to learn the basics
before trying something big. They compared it to stupid things like
running before walking, and diving before swimming. I have one thing to
say. I ran before I could walk. Could have been classified as stumbling,
but never the less, I stayed on my feet at a pace too fast to be called
walking. And I dived long before I could 'swim'. Of course it was an
accedent. I fell into a small pool about 6 inches taller than me, but I
still swam back up to the surface and bobbed until someone noticed. So I
am going to ignore their advice and such, and only listen to Why's
guide. but as for abstract names, how would you like your favorite video
game to be called The Mexican Lepresy Tornado Flatulated Monkey Chair
Hops?