On 7/12/07, Joe Wiltrout <wiltroutja / hotmail.com> wrote:
> Skt wrote:
> > Why's guide has an example of a text based game, i don't know if that'd
> > be any help.
> >
> > For me, alot of these guides i know i had issues with (especially why's
> > guide) because in alot of parts i had no idea the direction he was going
> > for. I'd definitley suggest googling and find which one fits.
> >
> > Hth
> > skt
>
> An example of  text based game? Cus I know what a text based game is,
> and I have played many. Or do you mean how to code one? Because knowing
> how to code one hits the nail right on the head. And, like I said, I
> really can't afford to buy any materials. I just need something less
> complicated than all these tutorials.
>
> --

http://poignantguide.net/ruby/index.html

It has an example for how to code a text game.  Be warned though parts
of it are really wacky.  It's as much a novel as it is a programming
book.  But it is very comprehensive, works well, has a soundtrack, and
is free.

--
Chris Carter
concentrationstudios.com