Peter Cooper wrote:
> On 7/10/07, Enrique Comba Riepenhausen <ecomba / mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Jeezzz...
>>
>> Guys, get a grip!
>>
>> If the name he chose for the library is god, so be it.
>

> Hear, hear! That sums up the whole issue at a logical level.
>
> Whatever next? People complaining about the word "daemon" being satanic,
> "slave" drives being unfairly domineered, and pro-lifers against
> "aborting"
> processes?
>
> Cheers,
> Peter Cooper
> http://www.rubyinside.com/

If your definition of daemon matches mine of Demon, then I think that
demon is far from satanic. It's origins maybe be from biblical history,
but people now-a-days use the terms "demon" and "demonic" just to mean
evil. And they use them alot in video games. But they never end up
getting sued, or making them change their monsters names, etc. So I
think your anolgies are just plain stupid. As for aborting proccesses,
abort has multiple meanings. and why would you name a drive 'slave'?
That's just waiting to get you yelled at, or sued.