Hi,
I tried it severaly times now but always failed. I want to make a ruby
application that uses QT but I'm lacking information about it. I'm never
succeding in getting that to work what I did. I know there is a ebook
for 10$ but I really don't have the money and I'm no professional coder
but a hobby coder.
So I wondered can anybody point me to free information about it ?

I know these links and the ones linked in them:
http://www.arachnoid.com/ruby/RubyGUIProject/index.html
http://developer.kde.org/language-bindings/ruby/index.html

If someone is itself familiar with ruby and qt maybe you can help me?
I generated with qt4-designer this rss.ui:
http://nopaste.php-q.net/309650 and converted it with rbuic to this
rss.rb:  http://nopaste.php-q.net/309649

Now I try to show this Qt-window with that code:

#!/usr/bin/qtrubyinit
require '/home/myuser/Desktop/rss.rb'

class RssShow < MainWindow
    def initialize(app)
       super()
       @app = app

# create and show dialog
if $0 == __FILE__
    app = Qt::Application.new(ARGV)
    dialog = RssShow.new(app)
    app.mainWidget = dialog
    dialog.show
    app.exec
end

but it always fails and gives me that error:
$ ./rss-show.rb
/home/myuser/Desktop/rss.rb:15:in `const_missing': uninitialized
constant MainWindow::WType_TopLevel (NameError)
         from /home/myuser/Desktop/rss.rb:15:in `initialize'
         from ./rss-show.rb:6:in `initialize'
         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/Qt/qtruby.rb:1682:in `call'
         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/Qt/qtruby.rb:1682:in `try_initialize'
         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/Qt/qtruby.rb:1681:in `catch'
         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/Qt/qtruby.rb:1681:in `try_initialize'
         from ./rss-show.rb:14:in `new'
         from ./rss-show.rb:14

Does anybody know why? Or can point me to further information about ruby
and Qt?

--
greets

                     one must still have chaos in oneself to be able to
give birth to a dancing star