Hello, Jan,

Since you can't see the difference, reinforcing use of only tabs when
using tabs is really hard - you sometimes miss a space.

That's why I prefer spaces, and I think it's the ruby community
attitude for the same reason. (My other reason is that I like ASCII to
be 100% content with no "markup" or "metadata", and tabs are
metadata).

For those who must change the setting, their editors probably support
creating a macro that converts the files to tab on load and back to
spaces (with a 2sp setting) on save. It's pretty easy in emacs.

For your commandlne problem, why don't you create a script that
translates a tab into X spaces, call it some short name (like 'tb')
and pipe your code through it? So `grep sort * | tb` and you see what
you want.

Aur