------art_26967_26754301.1184247553174

Reliable Messaging uses DRb::DRbServer to expose the QueueManager.

2007/7/12, Brian Candler <B.Candler / pobox.com>:

> > My local IP address is 10.8.8.41. I could not figure out why when I
> > use 127.0.0.1 the code works but fails when I use my IP address.

ACL (access control list) passes to DRbServer by reliable-msg
allows "localhost" only and deny others. So you can access via loopback
address. Also DRb listen address is coded as "localhost".
 These issue is reported here
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/drb/rdoc/index.html
 .

Under normal conditions, you can set ACL by a configuration file, e.g.
queues.cfg.
But there is a bug in current gem release (1.1.0), so configurations of drb
is not reflected.
It was fixed in CVS repository.

You can change the source installed by gem or use source from CVS.

Best Regards,
shino

------art_26967_26754301.1184247553174--