On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:13:05 +0900, "Gregory Brown" <gregory.t.brown / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/11/07, MenTaLguY <mental / rydia.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:26:14 +0900, Chad Perrin <perrin / apotheon.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Take note of the fact that the particular piece of software we're
>> > discussing was announced as "god", not "God".
>>
>> Nonetheless, he's using it unmodified as a proper noun.  Unless Tom
>> cares to be more explicit, the intent of the analogy is ambiguous.
>
> But god can't be a constant in  Ruby.

Of course.  The naming of the God class isn't any more signficant than
the fact that Tom necessarily capitalized god at the beginning of
sentences, or that he followed the common convention of giving his gem
a lower-case name, as such.

Chad and I were both thinking of the opening sentence, "I'm proud to
announce the initial public release of god!"

-mental