> Well, I guess I have fudged a little. It's not really VB, it's
> VBScript that HomeSeer knows.
>
> When I enter a script, I use Notepad. I don't click anywhere.  :)
> Nor am I really much interested in GUI stuff.
>

>From vbscript

Set myobject = CreateObject("MyProject.MyRubyObject")

Now you can call the ruby object function through the myobject pointer. If
they have their own objects available in VBScript then you can pass those
back to ruby through you object and call them from ruby.

Full Example

class RbyClass
attr_writter :resp

def time()
    @resp.Send("<P>The time is #{Time.new()}</P>")

>From VB Script

Dim myobject
set myobject= CreateObject("MyProject.RbyClass")
myobject.resp = Responce
myobject.time()

Equaly you could create your object by

Dim rby,myobject
set rby=CreateObject("RubyCOM.RubyCOM") 'Create a generic object
rby.require("myfile.rb")
set myobject = rby.eval("RbyClass.new()")
..etc..