> count = 0
> ARGF.each do |line|   ## treating a line at turn
>     puts line unless count.zero?
>     count = [0, count-1].max
>     if line =~ /your keyword or something/ then
>        puts line
>        count = 8
>    end
> end

Ok, I started with this one, but run into one problem - again probably
simple...
The way this is written it asks for a regexp as a keyword. Now, I do
have a text file, in which I have a number of key words, one in each
line. What I wasnt able to figure out thus far was how to change the
above code so that it would expect a variable instead of a regexp.

When I defined a variable within the code var1 = 'KOG0019' and tried to
use it as an argument ala if = var1 then it did something..., but
instead of finding the corresponding line and copying the following at
lines it copies like 12000 lines and puts the keyword in every second
line...

/Marc