> Have you ever looked at HomeSeer, the home
> automation software? I'm an enthusiastic user
> of that package... I've tried to get Ruby to work
> within it (using ActiveScriptRuby) but no luck
> so far.
>
> So tell me: If I used your tool, do you think I could
> write scripts in Ruby and call them with a VB
> one-liner?

Yes, no problem.

If you are using the ActiveX control in VB and then pass it (the control
object) to your ruby code from VB. You will probably want to do the event
handler in VB also and then just call your ruby object. You are then free to
call the ActiveX control methods from ruby.

You can also do a simple interface, using VB to layout the controls, create
the windows etc.  Then pass the controls and events to your ruby code to the
rest.

You would really need to know little more about visual basic than how to
    1 layout control (self evident)
    2 Create event handlers (mostly just double click the control, or select
them from the menu at the top of the code window.
    3. Create COM objects using CreateObject

Probably take 10 minutes to learn tops.

Ralph